Sent: Monday, February 10, 2020 1:25 PM
Subject: Updates – On-the-water schedule
Good Afternoon, Firstly, we had a solid performance this weekend at Center City Slams. Lots of personal bests and improvements all around. As our training starts to shift towards “sprint racing” you can expect to see those scores continue to drop even further.
Several updates for this week and the practice time changes as we get back out on the water.
- Normal practice times this week. Weight room group is at school Tuesday and Friday this week from 3:30 – 5 pm. Everyone else will meet at the boathouse as usual. Saturday’s practice will run from 9-noon
- Monday February 17th (President’s Day) will be a double practice 8 am – 1 pm (session 1 8-10 am, lunch, 11 -1 pm). Athletes can bring lunches and I can keep them in the fridge in the kitchen.
- Practice throughout the week will remain from 3:30-6 pm at the boathouse (no more weekday lifting) moving forward.
- Saturday practices starting Feb 22 will run from 8am – 1 pm. Instead of having early morning lifts before school, I was able to get a time slot on Saturdays from 8-9:30 am. ALL athletes will report to the annex at 8 am. From there, they will make their way to the boathouse (walk or drive) by 10 am for yoga followed by water practice from 11 am – 1pm.
- Remember to bring weather appropriate gear and dry change of clothes (including socks) as we move to water practices. Athletes may use the showers after practice. Please bring your own towel!
See everyone Saturday at the parents meeting.