From: Crew Roman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 10:24 AM
This year begins a new certification process for Roman student-athletes to be racing in lightweight events. This evidence-based protocol is designed to ensure that participating athletes are certified by a healthcare professional (e.g., primary care provider (PCP), nurse practitioner (NP) or physician’s assistant (PA)). The maximum weight for Boys is 150 lbs. and for Girls is 130 lbs.
The PSRA Board provided me a clarified action list with deadlines to pass onto the parents of any lightweight rower (EXCLUDING FRESHMAN AND NOVICE).
There are several actions that must be fulfilled in order for your son to compete this spring/summer as a lightweight. Please take note of these deadlines and I encourage you to take immediate action.
1. Schedule an appointment for your son with a healthcare professional
a. You may want to inform your PCP, NP or PA about the purpose of the visit and reference the “three years of CDC growth chart weight percentile data” requirement
2. Please ensure that your son is an Individual Member of USRowing. Basic Membership is sufficient; he/she does not have to be a Championship Member.
3. Beginning 15 JAN 2020, download the USRowing Junior Lightweight Clearance Form
4. Take the USRowing Junior Lightweight Clearance Form to the visit and have the PCP, NP or PA complete page 1
5. Complete pages 2 and 3
6. Return signed original USRowing Junior Lightweight Clearance Form to me
a. I must have them by 09 MAR 2020 as I must compile them and ensure they are postmarked no later than 15 MAR 2020.
If your son cannot meet the criteria of providing CDC growth chart weight percentile for the past three years, a written request for medical waiver must be submitted to USRowing by 15 FEB 2020. Your son will be contacted and asked to provide supplementary data prior to the 15 MAR 2020 deadline. Written requests must be submitted via e-mail to USRowing at email@example.com.
I appreciate your immediate attention to this matter!
Head Rowing Coach
Roman Catholic High School